Enea Bydgoszcz Triathlon 2020 – General Info
TIMES, DISTANCES, ROUTES
Bydgoszcz Triathlon event will take place on July 4 and 5, 2020 at the following distances:
July 4, 2020 (Saturday):
Starts of distance 1/4 – short (950 m swim, 42 km bike, 10.8 km run) and a team rally at 1/4 distance are planned for the morning hours.
July 5, 2020 (Sunday):
Starts of 1/8 distance – super short (475 m swim, 21 km bike, 5.5 km run) and a team rally at 1/8 distance are planned for the morning hours.
Starts of 1/2 distance — (1900 m swim, 82 km bike, 22 km run) and a team rally at 1/2 distance are planned for 7 am.
A detailed time table of the event, an hourly division of start waves and an assignment of athletes to individual start waves will be available on the event website at least 3 weeks before the start date. The start and the finish line are going to be located in the proximity of Łuczniczka Sports and Concert Arena in Bydgoszcz.
The athletes are to swim, respectively for each distance: — 475 m for the super short distance
— 950 m for the short distance
— 1900 m for the half ironman distance
The athletes taking part in the competition on the super short distance will swim downstream the Brda River. The Triathletes competing on the short distance will swim 475 m against the flow of the river and 475 m with the river flow. For the athletes competing on the half ironman distance we have prepared a really fast rout, which start is located in the city center. The athletes on this distance will swim 1900 m downstream the Brda River.
Expected water temperature in July: 18-21°C.
— 21 km for the super short distance (one loop)
— 42 km for the short distance (two loops)
— 82 km for the half ironman distance (four loops)
The length of one loop is 21 km. The route is flat, fast, running primarily on wide, asphalt roads. Poland is a country with right-hand traffic; it is forbidden to enter the opposite lane. All types of bikes are allowed. Our competition is a non-drafting event, during with helmets are mandatory. During biking competition, no headsets for receiving sound signals are allowed. Every participant is obligated to follow the rules of the road and be careful during the biking stage.
Penalties will be applied to athletes who violate non-drafting regulations. First violation – the participant will be stopped marked by referee. Second violation – the participant will be marked by the referee plus a five-minute time penalty, which will be added to the final result. Third violation – the participant will be stopped and disqualified.
— 5.5 km for the super short distance (one loop) —10.8 km or the short distance (two loops)
— 22 km for the half ironman distance (four loops)
The length of one loop is 5.4 km. The route runs alongside the picturesque boulevards of the Brda River bank and the streets of Bydgoszcz’s Old Town. The rout is mainly covered with asphalt, with few parts covered with paving bricks.
Time limits on routes:
Super short distance , 1/8:
— Swim – 30 minutes
— Swim + Bike – 120 minutes
— Swim + Bike + Run – 240 minutes Short distance , 1/4:
— Swim – 60 minutes
— Swim + Bike – 210 minutes
— Swim + Bike + Run – 330 minutes Half ironman distance, 1/2:
— Swim — 90 minutes
— Swim + Bike — 360 minutes
— Swim + Bike + Run — 540 minutes
The transition area (both T1 and T2) will be located in the Łuczniczka Sports and Concert Arena.
On the bike routes: in the beginning of the loop, about 400 m away from the transition area. For the super short distance there will be only one pass through the buffet zone in the
beginning of the bike route, about 400 m away from the transition area. For the short distance there will be two passes through the buffet zone, at 400 m and 23 km. For the half ironman distance there will be four passes through the buffet zone.
On the running route, at least two stands on every loop, on average every 2.5 km. The stands will offer isotonic drinks, non-carbonated mineral water, bananas, oranges, watermelons.
Portable toilets will be located in the proximity of the swim start area, in the transition area,
in the buffet zones on the route.
Complete bathroom facilities, locker rooms and showers are located in Łuczniczka and Artego Arena.
Electronic with the use of a chip, which will be given to every athlete in the starter pack.
Age Classifications and Categories
Participants will be classified according to their birth year.
|K 18 (16-24 years)||M 18 (16-24 years)|
|K 25 (25-29 years)||M 25 (25-29 years)|
|K 30 (30-34 years)||M 30 (30-34 years)|
|K 35 (35-39 years)||M 35 (35-39 years)|
|K 40 (40-44 years)||M 40 (40-44 years)|
|K 45 (45-49 years)||M 45 (45-49 years)|
|K 50 (50-54 years)||M 50 (50-54 years)|
|K 55 (55-59 years)||M +55 (55-59 years)|
|K 60+ (60 and older)||M 60+ (60 and older)|
Bydgoszcz Cup in Triathlon — Persons who will start on both, super short and short distances held during Enea Bydgoszcz Triathlon 2020 will be classified to fight for the Bydgoszcz Cup in Triathlon.
Points will be awarded in accordance to the place scored at every distance (1st place = 1 point, 2nd place = 2 points, etc.). The winner is the athlete with the lowest number of points from both distances.
A total of 3 awards will be presented to the best women and men in an OPEN category.
OPEN rallies — Rally is a team of 3 people, each starting in one of the triathlon competitions.
MIX rallies — Rally is a team of 3 people, each starting in one of the triathlon competitions, consisting of members of both genders.
Teams — team consists of at least three people starting individually within one distance (1/8, 1/4 and 1/2). The team classification for every distance takes into consideration the sum of ranks of the best three members of the team.
International Lawyers’ Championship — the International Lawyers’ Championship will classify participants who on their application forms will select their intention to compete in this category and who, by the day of the event at the latest, will have a master’s degree in law. While picking up the starter pack, professional qualifications of participants will be verified (diploma, ID) required for classification in the International Lawyers’ Championship. Every participant starting in the International Lawyers’ Championship is obligated, when picking up the starter pack, to sign a statement on having a master’s degree in law.
International Physicians’ Championship — The International Physicians’ Championship will classify participants who on their application forms will select their intention to compete in this category and who, by the day of the event at the latest, will have degree in medicine or dentistry. While picking up the starter package, professional qualifications of participants will be verified (diploma, ID) required for classification in the International Physicians’ Championship. Every participant starting in the International Physicians’ Championship is obligated, when picking up the starter pack, to sign a statement on having a master’s degree in in medicine or dentistry.
City Bike — special classification held at super short distance (1/8) for participants starting on the Bydgoszcz City Bike. Participation in the classification can be registered until June 30 at firstname.lastname@example.org, after previous registration and payment of the entrance fee at the super short distance. Limit of participants: 20 people.
- The latest 15 minutes before starting of the awards ceremony, results of podium places of all classifications and age categories will be displayed on the scoreboard in front of the stage, along with times and clubs in order to prepare female and male athletes to enter the podium.
- 1st-3rd place winners in OPEN classification, age categories, rallies and teams will receive commemorative statuettes and small awards.
- 1st-3rd place winners in the categories – the best Bydgoszcz male and female athlete will receive commemorative statuettes and small awards.
- 1st-3rd place winners in the International Physicians’Championship and International Lawyers’ Championship in male and female categories athlete will receive commemorative statuettes and small awards.
- The organizer reserves the right to introduce additional awards in select categories.
- The condition to receive awards is to finish triathlon, personal acceptance during awards ceremony and negative result of doping control.
- Awards in OPEN and age categories do not double.
* Awards in the International Physicians’ Championship and International Lawyers’ Championship double with OPEN and age categories. * Awards in OPEN and MIX rally categories double * Team members are also classified individually.
Terms o participation
- Only persons who on the start day are 18 and older, who will sign a statement on no medical contraindications can participate in the event. Persons age 16 to 18 can participate in the event at super short distance (1/8), with the approval in writing from their parents or legal guardians, submitted in person via a special form available in the event office.
- The organizer is not responsible for injuries suffered by event participants. All participants starting in Enea Bydgoszcz Triathlon 2018 are liable on their own, being fully aware of their health and possible contraindications to perform this type of extreme effort.
- The athletes starting on the half ironman distance (1/2) are obliged to place their bikes into the transition area on the day before the start date.
Registration and entry fee
- Enrolment to Enea Bydgoszcz Triathlon 2018 will be accepted through the entry form available at www.BydgoszczTriathlon.pl
- 2Online registration will be accepted until July 1, 2016, or when the limit of participants is reached. After this deadline, registration will be possible only at the Event Office during its working hours.
- Registration is understood as delivery of properly filled entry form and signed statement along with payment of the entry fee (with the exception of persons exempted from the entry fee).
- The limit of participants in Enea Bydgoszcz Triathlon at super short distance (1/8) is 1300 people, at short distance (1/4) is 1300 people and at half iroman distance (1/2) is 500 people. In organized rally races, limits are at super short distance (1/8) is 50 teams, at short distance (1/4) is 100 teams and at half iroman distance (1/2) is 50 teams. The organizer reserves the right to close enrolment earlier when the limit of participants is reached.
- The entry fee for participation in Enea Bydgoszcz Triathlon 2018 depends on the time of payment: For super short distance (1/8):
— first 50 people with confirmed payment– PLN 99 — consecutive 300 people: PLN 139
— until January 31, 2018: PLN 149
— until March 31, 2018: PLN 159
— until May 31, 2018: PLN 189
— until June 24, 2018: PLN 199
— during the working hours of the Even Office: PLN 299 For short distance (1/4):
— first 50 people – PLN 129
— consecutive 300 people: PLN 199
— until January 31, 2018: PLN 229
— until March 31, 2018: PLN 269
— until May 31, 2018: PLN 299
— until June 24, 2018: PLN 339
— during the working hours of the Even Office: PLN 399
For short distance (1/2):
— first 50 people: PLN 399
— consecutive 300 people: PLN 499
— people from 401 to 500: PLN 599
For team rally at super short distance (1/8):
— until January 1, 2018: PLN 299
— until March 31, 2018: PLN 349
— until June 24, 2018: PLN 399
— during the working hours of the Even Office: PLN 499
For team rally at short distance (1/4):
— until January 1, 2018: PLN 349
— until March 31, 2018: PLN 399
— until June 24, 2018: PLN 449
— during the working hours of the Even Office: PLN 499
For team rally at half ironman distance (1/2):
— until January 1, 2018: PLN 499
— until March 31, 2018: PLN 599
— until June 24, 2018: PLN 699
— during the working hours of the Even Office: PLN 799
- Payments can be made only via online payment system connected with the enrolment form.
- The proof for acceptance of entry fee is appearing on the list of persons with confirmed payment.
- Invoices (other than VAT) will be issued at participant’s request made within 7 days from entering the payment.
- During acceptance of the starter package, participants have to have a photo ID in order to verify personal information and age.
- It is not possible to transfer payment to another participant or another year.
- Withdrawal from start: – up to 4 months before the event (i.e. until March 7, 2018), we return 50% of the entry fee; – up to 2 months before the event (i.e. until May 7, 2018), we return 25% of the entry fee; – for a period shorter than 2 months before the event (i.e. after May 7, 2018) we return the entry fee.
- Within the entry fee, every participant of Enea Bydgoszcz Triathlon receives: – start numbers, – cap, – commemorative Bydgoszcz Triathlon finisher T-shirt, – beverages (water, isotonic drinks) and energy supplements, fruit at food stands and in the finish line area – medal in the finish line area, – meal voucher during Pasta Party – gifts from sponsors and partners of the event, – massage after competition. Persons paying the entry fee after June 10, 2018 do not have a guarantee of receiving a full starter package (T-shirt, medal) from the Organizer.
- Transfer of the starter package with Organizer’s approval. When the limit for accepting applications for a given distance is reached, and a person with a start number wants to withdraw from participation in the event and has a substitute for its start number, then the Organizer can approve such replacement, but no later than until June 18, 2018. In such case, the person buying the starter package from another participant has to submit an approval in writing from the person selling the kit. The handling fee for transferring the package to another player is PLN 50.
- All participants of Enea Bydgoszcz Triathlon have to follow these rules and regulations.
- The Organizer reserves the right to conduct an interview with every participant, to take photographs and make films for advertising and promotional purposes, to use them
online or radio and television broadcast, or for other commercial purposes.
- The Organizer reserves the right to free worldwide usage of any photographs, film materials, interviews and audio recordings presenting triathlon participants. They can be used by the Organizer by their placement on media such as CD-ROM, DVD, catalogs and other media, websites, newspapers and exhibitions, and for promotional –
advertising purposes related to activity conducted by the Organizer.
- It is forbidden to bring narcotic drugs, illegal substances, performance enhancing drugs and any kinds of alcoholic beverages to the event. Participants are banned from using such substances both before and after the event, otherwise they will be withdrawn from it. When it is confirmed that the participant violates the above mentioned ban, then the Organizer reserves the right to withdraw him/her from participation in the event or
exclude him/her during the event.
- By submitting to the Organizer a properly filled and signed entry form, the participant
agrees and allows to use his/her personal data for the needs of sending to the participant
information about future events, commercial products, and for internal administrative and analytical needs, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of August 29, 1997, Journal of Laws no. 33, art. 883. The participant has the right to withdraw from such approval and can do it anytime by sending a letter to the Organizer’s mailing address.
- Any information regarding participants obtained by the Organizer and contained on the entry form will be saved electronically and in every case it will be used in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of August 29, 1997, Journal of Laws no. 133, art. 883. The Organizer will not reveal such information to any third parties.
- Every participant of the event is obligated to participate in the event in the cap provided in the starter package, to place his/her start number during biking: on the back over the buttocks, under the saddle and on the bike helmet (in front and on the left side); during the run: in front, at the waist level – under the penalty of disqualification.
- The Organizer provides emergency medical care on the route and on the finish line of the event.
- The Organizer provides security on the water (WOPR) during competitions held in water.
- The Organizer provides locker rooms with showers and a deposit.
- The Organizer is not responsible for things lost during the event.
- After finish of triathlon, random doping control can be conducted, and every participant
appointed by the Commission has to go through the process.
- Results will be published on the website of the event at www.bydgoszcztriathlon.com
and transferred to the media.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the event without giving any reasons.
Triathlon will be held regardless of the weather. When it is not possible to carry out any
of the events, the Organizer will decide on the formula to conduct competitions.
- The participant starts on his/her own and bears the risk related to it. All participants are aware of the fact that participation in the event is related to physical effort and entails natural risk and threat of accident, possibility of bodily injuries and physical harm
(including death), as well as material damages and losses.
- Any cases not regulated by these rules and regulations are solved by the Organizer.